On Saturday i'm going off to a friend's wedding. one reason I'm not missing it is because he's a really good friend of the family. and I mean to the point where my mother calls him her adopted son XD
My brother is going to be the best man, but that's no surprise since the groom and my brother have been hanging out together, playing lan parties. fixing computers and working at mostly the same jobs since I was able to walk. my most memorable moment with the groom was watching him eat cat food. (Or pretend to) just to amuse a six year old Frostie :B
at the same time it's very surreal. Never really thought he'd get married.
though I think that about mostly all of my brother's friends though they keep proveing me wrong <3
Also looking forwards to the grind being over of Holidays and events and things slowing down. since the start of the year it's been one thing after another.
four days left to enter the Wacom Contest. not sure if I'll even make it. haven't started on it. kinda in and out of other things at the moment.
another neat thing is I may have a temporary outside of internet related affairs paying job soon. helping an old teacher of me and my brother's with advertiseing for her puppet show. mostly makeing posters and such. i'm not sure what the full job would entail but i'll have to keep on my toes since Frostie sucks at deadlines D:<
On the flipside I got a couple of new Tutorial Videos from Massive Black.
and This one as well (It doesn't have a preshow video)
both done by Andrew Jones
And I must say....Damnit I want to make a webpage as cool as his. :<
but truly this isn't a bad deal. $15 per video, the funds going towards aiding the CA(Concept art) website and forums to continue shareing the knowledge techniques and helping others with their artistic works. and in return I got a couple of videos that's changed my views on painter. which is a paint program alike Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai.
but as I've heard said. you use Photoshop for perfection.
you use Painter for happy mistakes.
not to say you can't use Photoshop for happy mistakes but Photoshop is less forgiveing and sometimes gives you unhappy mistakes.
Painter = Liquid
Photoshop = Solid.
both put together makes magic. or Bob Ross.
though I do like listening to Andrew Jones talk about the mentality side of what he does as well as the technical aspect. making a bunch of abstract shapes, and breaking boundries. it's helped me break down some of the walls I had between figureing out what I needed to do what I could do and what I can do. even messing around with Zbrush a bit in paintings is alright. ....and now damnit I wanna make a character with red pink purple and blue hair. XD
aahh always one of my pet peeves with myself is I don't really have a favorite color, I like Gradients. it's fine now and again depending on what it is i'll say either black or white or something just to get it out of the way but I can't sit myself down and decide. I love a natural transition between colors. hues.
black and white. Orange and purple. green and pink. blue and red. even orange and green too. another thing to keep in mind.
just bringing up Ekiri cause I can. lately
I've been keeping Ekiri's clothing color pallet very Monotone.
very dark. that's to offset her hair which is white.
and I have her wear a strawberry charm which is green and red but tiny.
here's a question to end this post.
if your looking at a black and white photo of a garden. and only a single small strawberry keeps it's saturated color. where does your eye go?
My brother is going to be the best man, but that's no surprise since the groom and my brother have been hanging out together, playing lan parties. fixing computers and working at mostly the same jobs since I was able to walk. my most memorable moment with the groom was watching him eat cat food. (Or pretend to) just to amuse a six year old Frostie :B
at the same time it's very surreal. Never really thought he'd get married.
though I think that about mostly all of my brother's friends though they keep proveing me wrong <3
Also looking forwards to the grind being over of Holidays and events and things slowing down. since the start of the year it's been one thing after another.
four days left to enter the Wacom Contest. not sure if I'll even make it. haven't started on it. kinda in and out of other things at the moment.
another neat thing is I may have a temporary outside of internet related affairs paying job soon. helping an old teacher of me and my brother's with advertiseing for her puppet show. mostly makeing posters and such. i'm not sure what the full job would entail but i'll have to keep on my toes since Frostie sucks at deadlines D:<
On the flipside I got a couple of new Tutorial Videos from Massive Black.
and This one as well (It doesn't have a preshow video)
both done by Andrew Jones
And I must say....Damnit I want to make a webpage as cool as his. :<
but truly this isn't a bad deal. $15 per video, the funds going towards aiding the CA(Concept art) website and forums to continue shareing the knowledge techniques and helping others with their artistic works. and in return I got a couple of videos that's changed my views on painter. which is a paint program alike Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai.
but as I've heard said. you use Photoshop for perfection.
you use Painter for happy mistakes.
not to say you can't use Photoshop for happy mistakes but Photoshop is less forgiveing and sometimes gives you unhappy mistakes.
Painter = Liquid
Photoshop = Solid.
both put together makes magic. or Bob Ross.
though I do like listening to Andrew Jones talk about the mentality side of what he does as well as the technical aspect. making a bunch of abstract shapes, and breaking boundries. it's helped me break down some of the walls I had between figureing out what I needed to do what I could do and what I can do. even messing around with Zbrush a bit in paintings is alright. ....and now damnit I wanna make a character with red pink purple and blue hair. XD
aahh always one of my pet peeves with myself is I don't really have a favorite color, I like Gradients. it's fine now and again depending on what it is i'll say either black or white or something just to get it out of the way but I can't sit myself down and decide. I love a natural transition between colors. hues.
black and white. Orange and purple. green and pink. blue and red. even orange and green too. another thing to keep in mind.
just bringing up Ekiri cause I can. lately
I've been keeping Ekiri's clothing color pallet very Monotone.
very dark. that's to offset her hair which is white.
and I have her wear a strawberry charm which is green and red but tiny.
here's a question to end this post.
if your looking at a black and white photo of a garden. and only a single small strawberry keeps it's saturated color. where does your eye go?
Friday, May 15, 2009 |
Category: |
0
comments

Comments (0)